יום א', פרשת מקץ
(Click 'Read More' to display or hide text)
- Summary of the Daf
- The Gemara explains that the ashes are placed on the same place on the head as the Tefilin are worn.
- The Gemara cites two reasons for why the public goes out to the main street of the town to pray on the last seven fast days.
- We put ashes on the Aron to indicate that Hashem is suffering along with us.
- There is a dispute about why the ashes are placed on each man's head.
- There is a similar dispute about why they also would go to the cemetery.
- ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~