יום ו', פרשת וירא
Rosh Hashanah 13
(Click 'Read More' to display or hide text)
- Summary of the Daf
- The sages knew that any grain that is harvested on Sukos was already one- third grown before Rosh Hashanah.
- The Korban ha'Omer brought by Bnei Yisrael during their first year in Eretz Yisrael was from Jewish grown grain.
- Produce in Eretz Yisrael grows faster than in other lands.
- The Gemara states how the Ma'aser status of produce is determined by its categorization as a vegetable, fruit, or grain.
- For example (see #4), the Ma'aser status of fruit depends on when it blossoms.
- ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~