Shabbos Chart #7
Chart for Shabbos Daf 37a
LAWS OF SHEHIYAH & CHAZARAH ON A KIRAH
(COALS ARE STILL THERE)
(COALS REMOVED OR COVERED)
|SHEHIYAH (1)||CHAZARAH (2)||SHEHIYAH (1)||CHAZARAH (2)|
(if our Mishnah
is like him)
|1a)||BEIS SHAMAI||Water||X||Water (5)||X|
|REBBI YEHUDAH (3)|
|REBBI MEIR (4)|
(1) This is referring to when the food was cooked at least k'Ma'achal Ben Derusai (TOSFOS DH Chamin). (According to RASHI [34b, DH Gezeirah; 18b, DH u'Vashil], the Rabanan who argue with Chananyah require that the food be completely cooked.)
(2) According to TOSFOS, the prohibition of Chazarah applies also to Friday afternoon close to Shabbos. See Insights to 38b.
(3) Chananyah argues with Rebbi Yehudah when the Kirah is not Gerufah; he maintains that Gerufah and not Gerufah are the same with regard to Shehiyah, whereas Rebbi Yehudah maintains that both Beis Hillel and Beis Shamai forbid Shehiyah when the Kirah is not Gerufah.
(4) Beis Hillel according to Rebbi Meir, is the same as Beis Shamai, according to Rebbi Yehudah.
(5) This Halachah is not mentioned explicitly, but it seems logical that even according to Chananyah, Beis Shamai does not permit Shehiyah for cooked foods although the Kirah is Gerufah.