Thursday, Chulin 114
(Click 'Read More' to display or hide text)
12th Cycle dedication
CHULIN 114 (20 Tishrei) - Dedicated by Al and Sophia Ziegler of Har Nof, Jerusalem, and their son Jared, in loving memory of Al's mother, Chaya bas Berel Dov Ziegler, on the day of her Yahrzeit - and towards Jared's continued growth in Torah and Yir'as Shamayim.
- Summary of the Daf
- A person who cooks meat with the watery run off of milk is exempt from lashes.
- Similarly, if a person cooks animal blood with dairy he is exempt from lashes.
- Watery secretions from olives (that are not deemed oil) are still halachically classified as a liquid.
- It is forbidden to cook, eat, or benefit from [animal] meat and milk.
- One may give to a Ger Toshav a piece of Neveilah (improperly slaughtered meat), but he may not give it to a Nochri.
- ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~