Friday, Chulin 115
(Click 'Read More' to display or hide text)
12th Cycle dedication
CHULIN 115 (Hoshana Raba) - dedicated by Gedalliah Jawitz in honor of the Yahrzeit of Yehuda ben Simcha Volf Jawitz.
- Summary of the Daf
- The Gemara questions the opinion that whatever the Torah referred to as disgusting is forbidden from benefit.
- The Gemara (see #1) questions the fact that it is permitted to eat from a harvest that was produced with the help of two types of animals (Kil'ayim) working together.
- The Gemara questions the fact that even though it is forbidden to slaughter a mother and its calf on the same day, one may benefit from it.
- The Gemara notes that even though it is forbidden to take a mother bird before taking its eggs, it does not say that the mother is forbidden from benefit.
- There is a discussion as to how we know that it is forbidden to cook, eat, or have benefit from [animal] meat and milk mixtures.
- ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~