brought to you by Kollel Iyun Hadaf of Yerushalayim
& Revach l'Neshamah - http://www.revach.net
|FROM PREVIOUS CYCLE|
ROSH HASHANAH 26-30 - Dedicated Dr. Shalom Kelman of Baltimore, MD. May the Zechus of helping thousands study the Torah provide a Refu'ah Sheleimah for his father, Dr. Herbert (Isser Chayim ben Itta Fruma) Kelman.
1. Rav Yitzchak testified that many Shofaros were blown in Yavneh on a Rosh Hashanah that fell on Shabbos.
2. The Gemara differentiates between the special laws of Yerushalayim and Yavneh regarding blowing the Shofar on Shabbos.
3. A woman is exempt from all positive Mitzvos that have a set time.
4. Originally, the four species were held in the Beis ha'Mikdash for seven days, while everywhere else they were held only on the first day.
5. The Gemara cites a verse that teaches us to always remember the Beis ha'Mikdash.
A BIT MORE
1. Not only did the Beis Din blow Shofar, but individuals came to the area of the Beis Din and blew also. They maintained that it was permitted to blow the Shofar there on Shabbos in the presence of the Beis Din.
2. In Yerushalayim, people were permitted to blow the Shofar the entire day. In Yavneh, people were permitted to blow the Shofar only when the Beis Din was present (the first six hours of the day) and only in front of the Beis Din.
3. She is therefore exempt from fulfilling the Mitzvah of Shofar as well (although nowadays women have a custom to fulfill the Mitzvah anyway).
4. After the destruction of the Beis ha'Mikdash, Rebbi Yochanan ben Zakai decreed that they should be held for all seven days of Sukos, in order to remember the Beis ha'Mikdash.
5. The prophet Yirmeyahu laments, "Nobody seeks out Zion (Yerushalayim)," implying that it should be sought out and remembered.
Next Daf Index to Revach for Maseches Rosh Hashanah