brought to you by Kollel Iyun Hadaf of Yerushalayim
& Revach l'Neshamah - http://www.revach.net
|SUKAH 5 (3 Av 5781) - dedicated l'Iluy Nishmas Reb Aharon Dovid ben Elimelech Shmuel Kornfeld (Muncasz/Israel/New York), who passed away on 3 Av 5761, by his daughter Diane Koenigsberg and her husband Dr. Andy Koenigsberg. May his love for Torah and for Eretz Yisrael be passed on to all of his descendants.|
1. The Shechinah does not descend below ten Tefachim from the earth.
2. The Beraisa describes the Tzitz worn by the Kohen Gadol.
3. When we have a choice between deriving a measurement as being either a small or large amount, we choose the small amount.
4. There is a dispute about how many Tefachim were in the Amah used by those making the vessels in the Beis ha'Mikdash.
5. The Gemara cites three categories that are primarily Halachah l'Moshe mi'Sinai.
A BIT MORE
1. This is as the verse states, "The heavens are heavens for Hashem, and the land He gave to people."
2. It was a plate of gold, two fingerbreadths wide, stretched across the forehead of the Kohen Gadol from ear to ear. On its top was written the letters "Yud, Heh," and on the bottom the letters "KoDeSh L." Rebbi Eliezer b'Rebbi Yosi said that he saw it in Rome, and it said "Kodesh la'Hashem" on one line.
3. The Gemara has many questions about the size of items from which the height of a wall can be derived. Regarding items whose size is unclear, the Gemara says that we should presume only the minimum size. (This rule is known as "Tafasta Merubah Lo Tafasta, Tafasta Mu'at Tafasta.")
4. Rebbi Meir: These Amos had six Tefachim. Rebbi Yehudah: They had five Tefachim. Everyone agrees that the Amos used by the workers for building had six Tefachim.
5. They are: Shi'urin (amounts for which one is liable for punishment if he transgresses Torah law), Chatzitzah (interruptions on the body such as dirt or knotted hair that prevent Halachic immersion), and Mechitzos (Halachic partitions).
Next Daf Index to Revach for Maseches Sukah