brought to you by Kollel Iyun Hadaf of Yerushalayim
& Revach l'Neshamah - http://www.revach.net
|NIDAH 62 (3 Av) - dedicated l'Iluy Nishmas Reb Aharon Dovid ben Elimelech Shmuel Kornfeld (Muncasz/Israel/New York), who passed away on 3 Av 5761, by his daughter Diane Koenigsberg and her husband Dr. Andy Koenigsberg. May his love for Torah and for Eretz Yisrael continue in all of his descendants.|
1. The Mishnah discusses seven things that can be applied to a stain to ascertain whether it is blood or something else.
2. The Mishnah is very specific regarding how this test is done.
3. Rebbi Chiya: One can also use these seven things in order to cleanse clothing that has a Nidah bloodstain from impurity.
4. If pottery that absorbed the liquids of a Zav fell into an oven and the oven was then lit, the oven becomes impure.
5. There is an argument whether this applies to all liquids of a Zav or only the ones that are not an Av ha'Tumah.
A BIT MORE
1. If the stain persists after all of these things are applied, the stain is clearly something other than blood.
2. For example, it states that each ingredient must be rubbed together three times. If this was not done, or if each ingredient was not individually rubbed on the stain in the order in which they are listed in the Mishnah, the test is inconclusive.
3. Rebbi Chiya: Even if an article of clothing clearly had Nidah blood on it, the status of the bloodstain can be removed if it is cleansed with these seven items. Once it is cleansed it is considered nullified. The clothing can be immersed in a Mikvah and become pure even if one can still see the bloodstain.
4. This is because it is clear that the liquids of the Zav will come out due to the heat, and will cause the oven to become impure.
5. Reish Lakish: It only applies to the liquids that are not an Av ha'Tum'ah. If it absorbed liquids that are an Av ha'Tum'ah the oven is impure even before it is lit. Rebbi Yochanan: This law applies even to those liquids of a Zav that are an Av ha'Tum'ah.
Next Daf Index to Revach for Maseches Nidah