brought to you by Kollel Iyun Hadaf of Yerushalayim
& Revach l'Neshamah - http://www.revach.net
|PESACHIM 96 (20 Tishrei) - Dedicated by Al and Sophia Ziegler of Har Nof, Jerusalem, and their son Jared, in loving memory of Al's mother, Chaya bas Berel Dov Ziegler, on the day of her Yahrzeit - and that her grandson Jared may be Zocheh to build a Bayis Ne'eman b'Yisrael with his Kalah!|
1. The Mishnah discusses the differences between the Korban Pesach offered in Mitzrayim and the Korban Pesach offered in all ensuing generations.
2. The Korban Tamid also but be set aside four days before it is sacrificed.
3. The prohibition against Chametz is another difference between Pesach Mitzrayim and Pesach Doros.
4. Rebbi Yehoshua said he heard that a Temurah of a Korban Pesach is offered and that it is not offered, but he could not explain what this means.
5. Rabah and Rebbi Zeira disagree about when a Temurah of a Korban Pesach may not be offered.
A BIT MORE
1. The Korban Pesach offered in Mitzrayim had to be designated on the tenth of Nisan, its blood had to be sprinkled with a bundle of hyssop on the doorposts and the lintel, and it lasted for one night. The Korban Pesach offered in all ensuing generations (known as the "Pesach Doros") did not have these requirements.
2. This is derived from the word, "Tishmeru" ("you shall guard"), used in reference to the Korban Tamid sacrifice, which is similar to the "guarding" stated in the verse with reference to the Korban Pesach offered in Mitzrayim. In contrast, the verse does not say that the Pesach Doros must be guarded.
3. The prohibition against Chametz in Mitzrayim was for only one day, but for Pesach Doros it applies for seven days.
4. Rebbi Akiva explained that if the Temurah of the Korban Pesach is found before the actual Korban Pesach is offered, it should be sold and the money used to bring a Korban Shelamim (it itself is not offered). However, if it is found after Pesach, it itself is brought as a Shelamim.
5. Rabah: When the Mishnah refers to "before" and "after" the bringing of the Korban Pesach, it means before and after his Korban Pesach is actually slaughtered. Rebbi Zeira: The determining factor is before and after Chatzos, regardless of when the person's Korban Pesach is actually slaughtered.
Next Daf Index to Revach for Maseches Pesachim