brought to you by Kollel Iyun Hadaf of Yerushalayim
& Revach l'Neshamah - http://www.revach.net
|12TH CYCLE DEDICATIONS:|
PESACHIM 2-5 - Two weeks of study material have been dedicated by Mrs. Estanne Abraham Fawer to honor the sixth Yahrzeit of her father, Reb Mordechai ben Eliezer Zvi (Rebbi Morton Weiner) Z'L, who passed away 18 Teves 5760. May the merit of supporting and advancing Dafyomi study, which was so important to him, during the weeks of his Yahrzeit serve as an Iluy for his Neshamah.
1. We learn three things from Rav's reaction to the news that his father had passed away a long time ago.
2. The Gemara notes how one can discern whether a person is from the tribe of Dan or Zevulun.
3. One should always hurry to do Mitzvos at the earliest possible moment.
4. The Gemara explains why we do not search for Chametz on the morning of the fourteenth of Nisan.
5. On the night of the fourteenth of Nisan a person may not learn Torah before searching for Chametz.
A BIT MORE
1. He asked his servant to remove his shoes, and afterwards to take his items to the bathhouse with him. This teaches that: a mourner may not wear shoes; one who hears about a death after a long time must mourn only for one day; and part of a day of mourning is considered like an entire day.
2. One who always insists on going to Beis Din for every dispute is from the tribe of Dan ("judge"). One who always talks about building houses by the sea is from Zevulun (whose portion was by the sea).
3. This is apparent from Avraham Avinu who arose early in the morning to perform the Mitzvah of Milah, even though he could have done it at any time during the day.
4. We do it in the evening because it is a time when people are home, and they are able to see well by the light of the candle when they search for the Chametz.
5. He should not begin to learn lest he becomes so involved in his learning that he forgets to check for Chametz.
Next Daf Index to Revach for Maseches Pesachim