brought to you by Kollel Iyun Hadaf of Yerushalayim
& Revach l'Neshamah - http://www.revach.net
|12TH CYCLE DEDICATIONS:|
PESACHIM 12-15 - Two weeks of study material have been dedicated by Mrs. Estanne Abraham Fawer to honor the sixth Yahrzeit of her father, Reb Mordechai ben Eliezer Zvi (Rebbi Morton Weiner) Z'L, who passed away 18 Teves 5760. May the merit of supporting and advancing Dafyomi study, which was so important to him, during the weeks of his Yahrzeit serve as an Iluy for his Neshamah.
1. There is a dispute about what to do with a barrel of Terumah that is Safek Teme'ah.
2. There is a dispute about whether one may make Terumah become Tamei if it is going to become Tamei anyway.
3. Rebbi Yosi explains why one cannot extrapolate from the Mishnah that Terumah that is Safek Teme'ah may be burned with Terumah Teme'ah.
4. There is a dispute about whether it is permissible to burn Pigul, Nosar, and Tamei meat together.
5. There is a dispute about liquids that can make other items Tamei.
A BIT MORE
1. Rebbi Eliezer: If it is in a place where something might make it certainly Tamei, one should move it to a place where it will not become Tamei. Rebbi Yehoshua: If it is in a place where it is protected from becoming Tamei, one may (Rashi; should, according to Rabeinu Chananel) move it to a place where it probably will become Tamei.
2. Rebbi Eliezer: One may not do so. Rebbi Yehoshua: One may do so in a case where the person is Tamei, and the Terumah is falling into Tamei Chulin which will render the Terumah forbidden.
3. Perhaps Eliyahu ha'Navi will arrive and tell us that the Terumah which is Safek Teme'ah is in fact Tahor.
4. Beis Shamai: One may do so. Beis Hillel: One may not do so. Pigul and Nosar are Tamei only mid'Rabanan, as opposed to Tamei meat which is Tamei mid'Oraisa.
5. Rebbi Meir: This is a Rabbinic law. Rebbi Yosi: This is a Torah law.
Next Daf Index to Revach for Maseches Pesachim