brought to you by Kollel Iyun Hadaf of Yerushalayim
& Revach l'Neshamah - http://www.revach.net
|12TH CYCLE DEDICATIONS:|
PESACHIM 12-15 - Two weeks of study material have been dedicated by Mrs. Estanne Abraham Fawer to honor the sixth Yahrzeit of her father, Reb Mordechai ben Eliezer Zvi (Rebbi Morton Weiner) Z'L, who passed away 18 Teves 5760. May the merit of supporting and advancing Dafyomi study, which was so important to him, during the weeks of his Yahrzeit serve as an Iluy for his Neshamah.
1. Rebbi Chanina Segan ha'Kohanim cites a law regarding burning Tamei meat in the Beis ha'Mikdash.
2. Rebbi Meir: Similar to the law of Rebbi Chanina (#1), one may burn, on Erev Pesach, Terumah Chametz which is Tahor together with Terumah which is Teme'ah.
3. There is a dispute about whether one may burn Terumah Teme'ah together with Terumah that is Safek Teme'ah.
4. There is a dispute about when Tamei food makes other food become Tamei.
5. The Gemara concludes that the above Halachah (#4) is mid'Oraisa.
A BIT MORE
1. The Kohanim do not refrain from burning meat that became Tamei through contact with a Sheni l'Tum'ah together with meat that had contact with a Rishon l'Tum'ah. Even though the first piece is less Tamei than the second, they are not concerned that contact with the second piece will make the first piece more Tamei.
2. Rebbi Yosi: One may not do so, and an allowance to do so cannot be derived from the law above.
3. Rebbi Eliezer: They must be burned separately. Rebbi Yehoshua: They may be burned together.
4. Abaye: The dispute applies only to Terumah and Kodshim, not to ordinary Chulin food. Rav Ada: It applies only to Kodshim. Ravina: Chulin, Terumah, and Kodshim are never Metamei other foods like themselves.
5. Mid'Rabanan, though, some foods can make other foods Tamei.
Next Daf Index to Revach for Maseches Pesachim