brought to you by Kollel Iyun Hadaf of Yerushalayim
& Revach l'Neshamah - http://www.revach.net
|12TH CYCLE DEDICATIONS:|
PESACHIM 12-15 - Two weeks of study material have been dedicated by Mrs. Estanne Abraham Fawer to honor the sixth Yahrzeit of her father, Reb Mordechai ben Eliezer Zvi (Rebbi Morton Weiner) Z'L, who passed away 18 Teves 5760. May the merit of supporting and advancing Dafyomi study, which was so important to him, during the weeks of his Yahrzeit serve as an Iluy for his Neshamah.
1. Rav states that the Halachah follows Rebbi Yehudah.
2. Eliyahu ha'Navi will not come to announce the arrival of Mashi'ach on Erev Shabbos or Erev Yom Tov.
3. The Gemara relates the story of the Chametz that was watched by Yochanan Chakukah.
4. Charity collectors should not make change between their personal money and the money belonging to the charity.
5. The Gemara discusses whether it was permissible to eat the Lachmei Todah mentioned in the Mishnah.
A BIT MORE
1. He does not rule like Raban Gamliel, even though the Halachah usually follows a third opinion that offers a compromise between two other opinions. This is because Raban Gamliel is not really offering a compromise, but rather stating his own unique opinion.
2. This is because people will want to go greet him and be pressured to prepare for Shabbos.
3. When Erev Pesach arrived and the person did not come to pick up his Chametz, Yochanan came to Rebbi and asked what he should do with the Chametz. Rebbi kept telling him to wait until the last possible hour, at which time he instructed Yochanan to sell it.
4. Similarly, if people collect food to give to the poor and it is going to spoil before the poor receive it, they should sell it to others and not to themselves. These laws are to prevent people from suspecting that the collectors are taking the money or food for themselves, or at a discounted price.
5. One opinion is that they were leftover and therefore Pasul, while the other opinion is that they were valid but the Korban they were supposed to accompany had become lost.
Next Daf Index to Revach for Maseches Pesachim