brought to you by Kollel Iyun Hadaf of Yerushalayim
& Revach l'Neshamah - http://www.revach.net
|PESACHIM 57 (10 Elul) - This Daf has been dedicated in memory of Sheina Basha (daughter of Yakov and Dora) Zuckerman, who passed away on 10 Elul, by her children and sons in law.|
1. Originally, the hides of certain Korbanos in the Beis ha'Mikdash were divided among the Kohanim at the end of every day.
2. There was a time when even the weekly division of the hides became problematic.
3. Aba Yosef ben Chanin lamented that Kohanim abused their high-ranking connections.
4. The Azarah cried out four cries.
5. Yochanan ben Narvai loved to eat Kodshim for the sake of Heaven.
A BIT MORE
1. However, this led to strong- arm Kohanim getting most of the hides. Therefore, it was decided that the hides would be divided every week, when all of the Kohanim who served that week were present.
2. When this happened, all of the Kohanim agreed to dedicate the hides to Hekdesh, and they used the money to cover the walls of the Heichal in gold. They would take down and display this coating of gold during each of the three festivals.
3. He mentioned four families that abused their power. One family was that of a Kohen Gadol, another was that of a treasurer, another was that of an officer, and another had servants who enforced their will with physical violence.
4. The Azarah cried out that the sons of Eli should leave, it cried out that the sons of Yisachar from Kfar Barkai should leave, it cried out that Yishmael ben Fi'avi should enter, and it cried out that Yochanan ben Narvai should enter.
5. He would ensure that there was never any leftover meat of Korbanos in the Beis ha'Mikdash.
Next Daf Index to Revach for Maseches Pesachim