brought to you by Kollel Iyun Hadaf of Yerushalayim
& Revach l'Neshamah - http://www.revach.net
1. A Beraisa, and Rava: A firstborn animal is considered to have a blemish only if an expert rules that it has one.
2. Rav Nachman and Rav Nachman bar Yitzchak: The Halachah follows Rebbi Yehudah's version of the disagreement between Akavya and the Rabanan (see Daf 25, #4).
3. After a Chatas or Asham has been slaughtered, one may benefit from wool that fell off of it while it was alive.
4. One may not benefit from wool that fell off of a firstborn animal or Ma'aser Behemah while it was alive, even after it was slaughtered.
5. The Mishnah discusses the minimum amount of time that a person must take care of a firstborn animal before he gives it to the Kohen.
6. One should not give Terumah, Ma'aser Rishon, or Ma'aser Ani to a Kohen, Levi, or poor person as his wages for helping in the field.
A BIT MORE
1. This is unlike some opinions quoted earlier (25b) that maintain that even after a firstborn animal has died or has been slaughtered, one can determine whether it had a blemish when it was alive.
2. The Mishnah in Eduyos (5:6) and the Mishnah here support Rebbi Yehudah's version.
3. There is no concern that permitting this wool will cause a person to keep such an animal longer, and thereby transgress by shearing its wool and putting it to work. Since these sacrifices are dedicated to achieve atonement, the owner certainly will bring it as a sacrifice as quickly as possible.
4. Since these sacrifices are not for atonement, there is a concern that the owner will delay bringing them and perhaps shear its wool and put it to work. The Gemara is unsure about whether one may benefit from wool of a Korban Olah in this case. An Olah only serves partially to achieve atonement.
5. Tana Kama: One must take care of a small animal for at least 30 days, and a large animal for at least 50 days. Rebbi Yosi: One must take care of a small animal for at least three months.
6. The Torah intended these items to be gifts, not wages. The Beraisa adds that the verse says about a person who makes such deals, "You have destroyed the covenant of the Levi."
Next Daf Index to Revach for Maseches Bechoros