brought to you by Kollel Iyun Hadaf of Yerushalayim
& Revach l'Neshamah - http://www.revach.net
1. One may not insert a spout surrounded by rags (in order to make the spout fit securely) into a barrel on Yom Tov, since doing so will clearly cause liquid to be squeezed from the rags.
2. Rebbi Yehudah and Rav: An action that probably will not, but may, cause a Melachah to be performed on Shabbos, but one has no intention to do that Melachah, is prohibited. Rebbi Shimon and Shmuel: It is permitted.
3. If one plucks a feather out of a chicken on Shabbos, it is considered shearing according to Torah law.
4. Rebbi Yehudah: If the hair of a firstborn animal with a blemish fell off and was placed on a window sill by the owner, there is a disagreement about whether one may benefit from the hair after the animal is slaughtered.
5. Rebbi Yosi: Everyone agrees that in the case above (#4), one may benefit from the hair. They disagree only when the animal died naturally instead of being slaughtered.
6. If a grave was known to be in a certain field, but its exact location was unknown, there is a disagreement about the status of the field if a grave is found.
A BIT MORE
1. Although the person does not intend to squeeze out liquid with his action, one is forbidden to perform an action that will definitely result in a Melachah even when this is not his intent.
2. This type of act is called a "Davar she'Eino Miskaven." The primary example of such an act is one who drags a chair over a dirt floor and has no intention to make a ditch. As long as his act probably will not result in a ditch in the ground, it is called a "Davar she'Eino Miskaven."
3. If one would pull wool off of a sheep, it would not be considered shearing, since it is abnormal to pull out wool by hand without using an instrument to cut it.
4. Akavya: It is permitted. Chachamim: It is prohibited.
5. Akavya: It is permitted. Chachamim: It is prohibited.
6. Rebbi: The field is now considered pure, except for the area of the grave. Raban Shimon ben Gamliel: The entire field must be searched before it is proclaimed pure, since it is possible that another person was buried in the field in the interim.
Next Daf Index to Revach for Maseches Bechoros