brought to you by Kollel Iyun Hadaf of Yerushalayim
& Revach l'Neshamah - http://www.revach.net
|13th CYCLE DEDICATIONS: |
ERUVIN 22 - dedicated by Rabbi Kornfeld's father in memory of his aunt, Malka Gitel bas Reb Yakov Mordechai (Malvina Marmorstein), who took him into her home and raised him like her own child after the Holocaust. Her Yahrzeit is 20 Nisan.
1. Rebbi Yehoshua ben Levi explains the verse, "And he pays His enemies to His face to destroy them."
2. While Hashem gets rid of evildoers in this world, He waits to give reward to the righteous in the next world.
3. Rebbi Shimon ben Elazar explains that some areas enclosed by walls are similar to a Karmelis.
4. A country does not become a Reshus ha'Yachid as a result of being surrounded by lakes, hills, and the like.
5. The Mishnah records a dispute about when the leniency of Pasei Bira'os applies.
A BIT MORE
1. He explains that it is as if Hashem wants to "get them out of His face," and therefore He is quick to destroy them.
2. Hashem deals with evildoers in this world either by punishing them or giving them reward in order to rid them of any merits they may have before they go to Gehinom. For the righteous, however, Hashem waits to give them the bulk of their reward in the next world.
3. A person may carry as much as he wants in any area that was walled for residential purposes (so that a person can live there), provided that there is only one owner. However, if the walls were not erected for residential purposes but rather to enhance the area (such as a hut made for a guard, or a garden with walls to guard its produce), one may not carry more than four Amos in it at one time, if it is more than a Beis Se'asayim (slightly more than 70 square Amos).
4. The Gemara says that if natural barriers create a Reshus ha'Yachid, then the whole world would be a Reshus ha'Yachid, since it is surrounded by oceans!
5. Rebbi Akiva: It applies to all wells (public and private) and public reservoirs (water pits), but not to a private reservoir (pit). Rebbi Yehudah ben Bava: It applies only to public wells.
Next Daf Index to Revach for Maseches Eruvin