brought to you by Kollel Iyun Hadaf of Yerushalayim
& Revach l'Neshamah - http://www.revach.net
|13th CYCLE DEDICATIONS: |
ERUVIN 105 (12 Tamuz 5773) - Dedicated by Rabbi and Mrs. Mordecai Kornfeld of Yerushalayim in honor of the marriage of their daughter, Chana Tehilla, to Yisroel Moshe Schwab. May they be Boneh a Bayis Ne'eman b'Yisrael and raise children and grandchildren to a life of Torah and Yir'as Shamayim!
12TH CYCLE DEDICATIONS:
ERUVIN 105 (18 Teves) - Two weeks of study material have been dedicated by Mrs. Estanne Abraham Fawer to honor the sixth Yahrzeit of her father, Reb Mordechai ben Eliezer Zvi (Rebbi Morton Weiner) Z'L, who passed away 18 Teves 5760. May the merit of supporting and advancing Dafyomi study, which was so important to him, during the weeks of his Yahrzeit serve as an Iluy for his Neshamah.
1. One is permitted to spread salt on the ramp of the altar so that the Kohanim do not slip in puddles when it rains.
2. Spreading salt so that it will remain in place permanently is prohibited even in the Beis ha'Mikdash.
3. Rava initially said that one is permitted to spread straw in a yard that is filled with puddles.
4. There is a dispute about whether one may knock on a door on Shabbos.
5. It is forbidden to play a game that involves rolling nuts on a floor so that they hit each other.
A BIT MORE
1. This is another example of an act that is permitted only in the Beis ha'Mikdash. It is forbidden mid'Rabanan (everywhere outside the Beis ha'Mikdash) because it resembles an act of smoothing a floor (see Rashi DH d'Lo).
2. This is because it is considered adding onto a permanent structure, which is a Torah prohibition.
3. However, Rava later retracted his statement, saying that it is permitted only when one brings the straw to the yard on an overturned crate (or any box) and deposits it from the box onto the puddle.
4. Rav Menasheh: It is forbidden to knock on a door on Shabbos. Rabah: It is forbidden only if one taps out a song while knocking on the door.
5. This is because one might smooth out the floor in order to make a better playing surface.
Next Daf Index to Revach for Maseches Eruvin