brought to you by Kollel Iyun Hadaf of Yerushalayim
& Revach l'Neshamah - http://www.revach.net
1. A person with a dislocated joint went into a house of Avodah Zarah and came out healed. According to the original decree from Heaven, he was to be cured at that moment.
2. There was a drought, and the Avodah Zarah appeared in a dream to people with the message that they should slaughter a certain person. They slaughtered him, and rain came. Hashem allows people to be deceived into thinking that the Avodah Zarah has some worth.
3. According to the Tana of the Mishnah, one is permitted to buy grapes that were pressed by a Nochri, even though the Nochri took the grapes from the press and placed them in the heap of grapes under the beam.
4. Once the wine flows from the wine press into the storage pit, the wine in the pit is forbidden, if the Nochri comes into contact with it. The rest of the wine is permitted.
5. It is forbidden to help a Nochri with the harvesting of his grapes.
6. It is forbidden to help a Yisrael with the pressing or harvesting of his grapes, if it is being done b'Tum'ah.
7. It is forbidden to help a baker with the kneading or setting of his bread if it is being done b'Tum'ah.
8. There is a disagreement about whether one is permitted to help a Nochri with the pressing of his grapes.
A BIT MORE
1. When Hashem sends afflictions to a person, the afflictions are forced to swear that they will depart from the person on a certain day, at a certain time, and by way of a certain person with a certain medicine. If the injured party happens to go to the Avodah Zarah at that time, the afflictions will not defy their oath because of the person's visit to the Avodah Zarah.
2. If someone wants to become Tamei, Hashem opens the door for him to become Tamei. If someone wants to become Tahor, Hashem helps him achieve Taharah.
3. The Tana of the Mishnah maintains that wine does not become Yayin Nesech until it flows into the storage pit.
4. When the Nochri touches the wine in the storage pit, it becomes forbidden. Once the wine flows into the pit, it is susceptible to becoming Yayin Nesech.
5. It is forbidden to help the Nochri with the harvest, according to the Tana of the Mishnah, because it is forbidden to cause Tum'ah to Chulin in Eretz Yisrael. Immediately after the harvest, the grapes will be placed in the wine press and become Tamei.
6. Although the grapes already became Tamei when they were placed in the wine press, it is forbidden to help him press the grapes because it is forbidden to help transgressors. A Yisrael may not cause Tum'ah to Chulin in Eretz Yisrael. The pressing of the grapes causes the liquid which is expelled from the grapes to become Tamei.
7. However, one is permitted to help him transport the bread.
8. The Tana of the Mishnah maintains that this is permitted, because wine cannot become Yayin Nesech until it flows into the storage pit. However, according to the Mishnah Acharonah, the Yayin can become Yayin Nesech as soon as it starts flowing in the wine press. Therefore, it is forbidden to help the Nochri press his wine, because it becomes Yayin Nesech at that time and he profits from it.
Next Daf Index to Revach for Maseches Avodah Zarah