brought to you by Kollel Iyun Hadaf of Yerushalayim
& Revach l'Neshamah - http://www.revach.net
|AVODAH ZARAH 4 - Two weeks of study material have been dedicated by Mrs. Estanne Abraham Fawer to honor the Yahrzeit of her father, Rav Mordechai ben Eliezer Zvi (Rabbi Morton Weiner) Z'L, who passed away on 18 Teves 5760. May the merit of supporting and advancing Dafyomi study -- which was so important to him -- during the weeks of his Yahrzeit serve as an Iluy for his Neshamah.|
1. A person must pray for the wellbeing of the kingdom. Without fear of the kingdom, people would swallow one another alive.
2. Hashem uses His might for battle; not for justice.
3. Hashem uses His anger against the nations but not against Yisrael.
4. Hashem punishes the nations in a more exacting manner than He punishes Yisrael.
5. Tzadikim who are not completely righteous are punished along with the Resha'im.
6. Hashem is angry every day for a fleeting moment.
7. A person shall not recite the Musaf prayer without a Minyan during the first three hours of the day on Rosh Hashanah.
A BIT MORE
1. People are compared to the fish of the sea. Just as big fish swallow little fish, people would swallow each other alive if not for the fear of the king.
2. If Hashem would use His might for Din (justice), everyone would be destroyed.
3. Hashem swore that He will not use His anger against Yisrael.
4. Bnei Yisrael are punished only a little at a time. Their small Mitzvos combine to create a larger amount.
5. Even a perfect Tzadik is punished along with Resha'im if he failed to rebuke them.
6. Only Bil'am knew the exact moment that Hashem gets angry. All the days that Bil'am attempted to curse Bnei Yisrael, Hashem was not angry.
7. Since the Tzibur does not recite the Musaf prayer during the first three hours of the day, there is a concern that Hashem will look into the deeds of the individual who is praying without a Minyan and he will be found guilty. However, if he prays at the time that the Tzibur prays, the merit of the Tzibur will protect him.
Next Daf Index to Revach for Maseches Avodah Zarah