brought to you by Kollel Iyun Hadaf of Yerushalayim
& Revach l'Neshamah - http://www.revach.net
1. It is forbidden to derive benefit from wine which was in the possession of a Nochri. A Revi'is of the wine is Metamei Tum'as Mashkin.
2. Produce which was given to a Nochri to watch has the status of the produce of the Nochri, with respect to both Ma'aser and Shevi'is.
3. If a person buys or rents a house in the courtyard of a Nochri and the key is in the hands of the Yisrael, there is a disagreement about whether it is permitted to drink the wine which was stored in the house.
4. There is a disagreement whether it is permitted to drink wine which had one seal and was guarded by a Nochri.
5. A person who sends a barrel of wine with a Kusi is permitted to use it if he can discern that his seal was unbroken.
6. Closed barrels of wine may be bought from a Kusi at the wine press.
7. According to Rebbi Yitzchak, the beer of a Nochri is forbidden because of the concern of intermarriage. Rav Nachman maintains that it is forbidden because of the concern that it was left uncovered.
8. Old wine or wine which has turned into vinegar is permitted even if it was left out uncovered.
A BIT MORE
1. The wine is Metamei like liquid which became Tamei from a Sheretz. It is Metamei food and drink, but it is not Metamei people or utensils.
2. There is a concern that the Nochri will take the produce for himself and replace it with some of his own produce. Therefore, we have to regard it as though it is the produce of a Nochri.
3. According to Rebbi Eliezer, it is permitted to drink the wine. The Rabanan maintain that although it is permitted to derive benefit from the wine, it is forbidden to drink it.
4. According to Rebbi Eliezer, it is permitted to drink the wine. The Rabanan maintain that although it is permitted to derive benefit from the wine, it is forbidden to drink it unless there is a second seal. According to a second version, Rebbi Yochanan maintains that even if the wine has two seals it is forbidden to drink the wine according to the Rabanan. Rebbi Elazar maintains that if it has two seals it is permitted to drink the wine even according to the Rabanan.
5. Although a Kusi will not pour wine to an Avodah Zarah, he will allow a Nochri to touch the wine. Therefore, it is permitted only with a seal.
6. Since there is a crowd at the wine press, the Kusi is afraid to allow a Nochri to touch the wine because of the concern that a Yisrael will not buy it from him.
7. According to Rebbi Yitzchak, the concern is that if a Yisrael makes a habit of drinking beer with a Nochri he will eventually desire his daughter. Rav Nachman maintains that the concern is that the water which was used to make the beer was left out uncovered and a snake drank from it.
8. There is no concern that a snake drank from it. If the wine contained venom, it would spoil before it became old or turned into vinegar.
Next Daf Index to Revach for Maseches Avodah Zarah