brought to you by Kollel Iyun Hadaf of Yerushalayim
& Revach l'Neshamah - http://www.revach.net
|SHABBOS 82 (4 Sivan) - Dedicated in memory of those members of the family of Rabbi Kornfeld's father, Mr. David Kornfeld, who perished at the hands of the Nazi murderers in the Holocaust, Hashem Yikom Damam: His mother (Mirel bas Yakov Mordechai), brothers (Shraga Feivel, Aryeh Leib and Yisachar Dov sons of Mordechai), grandfather (Reb Yakov Mordechai ben Reb David Shpira) and aunt (Charne bas Yakov Mordechai, the wife of Reb Moshe Aryeh Cohen zt'l). Their Yahrzeit is observed on 4 Sivan.|
1. Rav Huna taught his son that laws regarding how to act in the bathroom are Torah, and not just good advice.
2. There is a dispute about whether it is preferable to clean oneself on Shabbos with earthenware instead of with a rock.
3. The Beraisa instructs what one should do before he starts a long meal.
4. An idol causes anything it rests on to become Tamei.
5. One may not rebuild a wall of his house that fell if the wall is shared by his property and a house of idolatry.
A BIT MORE
1. When Rav Huna's son, Rabah, said he did not want to go learn from Rav Chisda since he talks to him about conduct in the bathroom. Rav Huna told him that these words come directly from a Beraisa and he therefore should keep learning from Rav Chisda.
2. Rav Chisda: One should use earthenware instead of a rock, as a rock is Muktzah. Rav Huna: One should use a rock, as earthenware is dangerous to use.
3. One should either walk ten times a distance of four Amos, or four times a distance of ten Amos, relieve himself, and only then sit down to eat, in order to avoid having to get up in the middle of the meal to go to the bathroom.
4. This is derived from the fact that the word "Davah" is used both with regard to idolatry and a Nidah. The Gemara derives that just as a Nidah causes this type of Tum'ah, an idol causes this type of Tum'ah.
5. Rather, he may only build a new wall if it is four Amos within his property (that is, four Amos away from where the old wall fell).
Next Daf Index to Revach for Maseches Shabbos