brought to you by Kollel Iyun Hadaf of Yerushalayim
& Revach l'Neshamah - http://www.revach.net
|NAZIR 59 (7 Cheshvan) - in honor of the Yahrzeit of ha'Gaon Rav Meir Shapiro, founder of the renowned Yeshivas Chachmei Lublin, representative of the Jewish community in the Polish parliament, and creator of the DAFYOMI STUDY CYCLE (see www.dafyomi.co.il/dafyomi.htm for more about him). Dedicated by Mr. and Mrs. Shmuel Kovacs of Ramat Beit Shemesh, Israel - may the great Gaon be a Melitz Yosher for the Kovacs children to grow up with love of Torah and Yir'as Shamayim and succeed in all that they do, and may the Zechus of the great Tzadik stand for Klal Yisrael to merit a complete redemption speedily, in our days!|
R. Yochanan holds that a man who shaves his armpits or pubic hair is Chayav Malkus.
The Torah prohibition of cross dressing applies only if the cross dresser is doing so in order to mingle with the opposite sex.
A woman may not go out with weapons of war.
R. Huna says that a Nazir may shave his armpits and pubic hair, however the Halachah dictates otherwise.
It is forbidden to scratch the armpits and pubic hair in order to remove the hair. (1)
R. Chiya says that it is forbidden to scratch oneself with a cloth during Tefilah, however the Halachah dictates otherwise.
If one witness testifies that one of two Nezirim became Tamei and he does not know which one, if one of them dies, the surviving Nazir shall find another person to become a Nazir. (2)
They shall bring a Korban Tum'ah and Taharah and the surviving Nazir shall say, "If I am Tamei the Korban Tum'ah is mine and the Korban Taharah is yours and if I am Tahor the Korban Taharah is mine and the Korban Tum'ah is brought mi'Safek."
They shall count another thirty days and then bring a Korban Taharah. (3)
Ben Zoma says that instead of making a futile effort to find another person he shall bring a Chatas ha'Of and an Olas Nedavah. (4)
He shall count thirty days and bring his Korban Taharah. (5)
If a Nazir is Safek Tamei Mes and Safek Metzora Muchlat he may eat Kodshim after 60 days and drink wine after 120 days.
A BIT MORE
1. It is permitted to do so if a cloth is used.
2. The surviving Nazir shall say to the new Nazir that if I am Tamei you shall be a Nazir immediately and if I am Tahor you shall be a Nazir after thirty days.
3. He shall say, "If I was Tamei the Korban Tum'ah was mine and the Korban Taharah was yours and this is my Korban Taharah, and if I was Tahor the Korban Taharah was mine and the Korban Tum'ah was brought mi'Safek and this is your Korban Taharah."
4. He shall say, "If I am Tamei the Chatas is a Chov and the Olah is a Nedavah and if I am Tahor the Olah is a Chov and the Chatas is brought mi'Safek."
5. He shall say, "If I was Tamei the first Olah was a Nedavah and this Olah is a Chov and if I was Tahor the first Olah was a Chov and this Olah is a Nedavah."
A woman may not go out with weapons of war. For this reason Yael used a tent peg to kill Sisera instead of using a conventional weapon. (Rivan)
Removing the hair of the body such as the armpits and pubic hair is forbidden mid'Rabanan and one who does so is punished with Makas Mardus. However the prohibition only applies in a place that it is not usual for a male to do so, because in such a place it is regarded as a male fixing himself up like a woman. In a place that it is usual for both males and females to do so there is no punishment for a man who removes his body hair. If one uses scissors (instead of a razor) it is permitted to remove body hair in all places. (Rambam Hilchos Avodah Zarah 12:9)
Next Daf Index to Revach for Maseches Nazir