Laundering clothes is a more essential need than washing oneself according to Rebbi Yosi.
An unwashed head can cause blindness, unlaundered clothing can cause madness and not washing one's body can cause boils.
A person shall learn Torah with a group.
The Torah goes out from the children of the poor.
It is unusual for a Talmid Chacham to have children who are Talmidei Chachamim. (1)
The reason for the destruction of the second Beis ha'Mikdash was asked to the Chachamim, Nevi'im and Malachim and they did not know the reason.
Hashem Yisbarach said that the reason for the destruction of the second Beis ha'Mikdash was because they did not recite the blessing on the Torah.
Rebbi Yosi holds that the town that owns the spring has priority even though they need it for laundry and the other town needs it for drinking. (2)
Rebbi Ada Bar Ahavah says that according to Rebbi Yosi washing oneself is Devarim Beino l'Beinah but Rebbi Huna argues.
If a wife makes a Neder prohibiting fruit her husband may annul the Neder.
If a wife makes a Neder prohibiting herself from working for her relatives or from feeding his animals he may not annul the Neder.
If a woman makes a Neder not to use cosmetics the husband may annul the Neder.
If a woman makes a Neder not to make the bed, pour a cup or wash the hands and feet of her husband it is not necessary to annul the Neder. (3)
Raban Gamliel holds that it is necessary for the husband to annul the Neder. (4)
If a woman makes a Neder prohibiting Hana'as Tashmish on herself the Neder is valid and the husband must annul the Neder.
If a woman makes a Neder prohibiting Hana'as Tashmish on her husband it is not necessary for the husband to annul the Neder. (5)
Raban Gamliel holds that if a person has a Minhag not to do certain permitted things he may not discontinue the Minhag.
A Talmid Chacham may not be Matir his own Nedarim.
A BIT MORE
1. Rebbi Yosef says that the reason is so that they should not think that the Torah is passed on as an inheritance. Rebbi Shisha Bar Rebbi Idi says that it is so that they will not lord over the Tzibur. Mar Zutra says that the reason is because they do lord over the Tzibur. Rebbi Ashi says because they call people donkeys. Ravina says because they do not recite the blessing on the Torah.
2. Because not doing laundry can cause a person to go mad.
3. Because she is obligated to do these things for her husband and therefore the Neder is not valid.
4. Even though the Neder is not valid he must annul the Neder so that she will not take Nedarim lightly.
5. A woman cannot prohibit Hana'as Tashmish on her husband because she is Meshubad to him.
THE TORAH OF THE POOR
The Torah goes out from the children of the poor. The Maharal explains that the Torah comes from the upper spheres and is disconnected from this world. Wealthy people have too much of an attachment to this world and therefore they are not prepared to properly receive the Torah which is connected to the upper worlds. Only the poor who have very little in this world are capable of completely disconnecting from this world which is the only way to properly receive the Torah.
THE FRUIT OF THIS MEDINAH
If a woman prohibits the fruit of the world or the fruit of one Medinah or the fruit of one particular person even if he is not a storekeeper it is regarded as a Neder of Inuy Nefesh. The Rambam holds that it is only a Neder of Beino l'Beinah. (Shulchan Aruch YD 234:60)
The Rambam agrees that a Neder prohibiting the fruit of the entire world is a Neder of Inuy Nefesh, he only argues with regard to a Neder of one Medinah or one person. (Shach)