brought to you by Kollel Iyun Hadaf of Yerushalayim
& Revach l'Neshamah - http://www.revach.net
Terumah is not distributed to a Tumtum or Androginus, because they are a distinct species. (1)
Terumah is not distributed to a Kohen who marries a woman prohibited to him, because the Chachamim penalized him.
Terumah is not distributed to a Kohen's wife, either because of the concern for Yichud, or because of the concern that she will continue to receive it after she is divorced from the Kohen.
The Terumah is sent to the house of the Kohanim who do not receive Terumah at the granary, with the exception of a Tamei and a Kohen who married a prohibited woman.
Ma'aser Ani is distributed first to the women, because it is disgraceful for a woman to have to sit and wait.
The court case of a woman is heard first, because it is disgraceful for a woman to have to sit and wait.
We force each Safek- Eved/Safek-Kohen to free each other, because otherwise each one cannot get married.
Kemitzah must be separated from a Korban Minchah brought by the Safek-Yisrael/Safek-Kohen, but the remainder is not eaten by the Kohanim. (2)
If part of a Korban was brought on the Mizbe'ach, the remainder may not be brought on the Mizbe'ach.
A woman remarried within three months and gave birth seven months later. We do not know if the father is the first husband or the second husband. If the son's brother later dies with no children, he does Chalitzah and not Yibum.
If the son who is a Safek has brothers from a different mother from both the first and second husbands, he first does Chalitzah and then Yibum.
A man who is a Safek Yisrael and Safek Kohen may marry only a woman who is fit to marry a Kohen. (3)
One of ten Kohanim has relations with a woman. She gives birth, and we do not know who the father is. The child is invalid for Kehunah. (4)
Rebbi Meir: A Ketanah and a pregnant or nursing woman should use a Moch during marital relations. (5)
A woman who had a conditional Kidushin and the condition was not fulfilled may walk out of the marriage without a Get.
A BIT MORE
1. It would be a disgrace for Terumah to be distributed to a distinct species. Terumah is also not distributed to servants because of the concern that they will be regarded as full-fledged Jews for marriage, and it is not distributed to an Arel or Tamei because they are repulsive.
2. Rebbi Eliezer: The Kemitzah is burned on the Mizbe'ach by itself, and the remainder is burned on the Mizbe'ach by itself. This is because there is no Isur to bring the remainder on the Mizbe'ach, as long as it is put there l'Shem Etzim. Chachamim: The Kemitzah is burned on the Mizbe'ach, and the remainder is scattered on the Beis ha'Deshen.
3. He may not become Tamei to a Mes. However, if he does become Tamei, he does not get Malkus. He may not eat Terumah, but if he does, he does not pay the principle plus a Chomesh. He does not receive Terumah at the granary, nor does he receive Kodshei Kodshim.
4. This is a Gezeirah mid'Rabanan, and it applies only in a case of Znus.
5. There is a danger for these women to become pregnant. Only a Ketanah between 11 and 12 years old must use a Moch, because under 11 years old she will not become pregnant anyway. The Chachamim, however, disagree and maintain that she may rely on Hashem to protect her from any danger, and she may not use a Moch.
TWO TYPES OF MA'ASER ANI
Rashi says that Ma'aser Ani is distributed from the house. There is no concern for Yichud because of the multitude of people who are there. Rabeinu Tam says that there are two types of Ma'aser Ani: one type of Ma'aser Ani is distributed from the granary, and another type is distributed from the house. Until Pesach, the Ma'aser Ani is distributed from the house, because if it is left outside it will be ruined. After Pesach, the Ma'aser Ani is left in the granary and it is Hefker, and the poor may come and take it.
A KOHEN WHO DOES NOT KNOW WHO HIS FATHER IS
If one of ten Kohanim is Mezaneh with a woman and she gives birth and we do not know who the father is, the child is invalid for Kehunah. Even though the child is definitely the son of a Kohen, and if he becomes Tamei to a Mes or marries a divorcee he is punished with Malkus, even so he may not perform Avodah or eat Terumah. (Shulchan Aruch EH 3:9)
Next Daf Index to Revach for Maseches Yevamos