brought to you by Kollel Iyun Hadaf of Yerushalayim
& Revach l'Neshamah - http://www.revach.net
1. One may give his tithes (and a tenth of his money to charity) in order to become wealthy.
2. Bnei Yisrael had three great leaders who supported them when they left Egypt: Moshe, Aharon, and Miriam.
3. When Moshe died, the manna, Clouds of Glory, and Well of Miriam stopped permanently.
4. Rav Daniel bar Katina was a very righteous person who had a miraculous watering system.
5. When Ula went to Bavel, he saw rain clouds and thought that rain was imminent, but it did not end up raining.
A BIT MORE
1. Even though one is normally prohibited from testing Hashem, as the verse says, "You should not test Hashem," regarding Ma'aser the verse states, "And you should test Me please regarding this... if I will not open for you the windows of the heavens."
2. In the merit of Moshe, they had the manna. In the merit of Aharon, they had the Clouds of Glory. In the merit of Miriam, they had the Well of Miriam.
3. After Aharon and Miriam died, the clouds and well left briefly, only to come back in the merit of Moshe.
4. He would walk along his fields every day, and whenever he would see that a certain area or row of his field needed water, rain would water that area or row of his field.
5. He remarked, "Just as Babylonians lie, so does their weather."
Next Daf Index to Revach for Maseches Ta'anis