brought to you by Kollel Iyun Hadaf of Yerushalayim
& Revach l'Neshamah - http://www.revach.net
|BERACHOS 35 - Two weeks of study material have been dedicated by Mrs. Estanne Abraham Fawer to honor the Yahrzeit of her father, Rav Mordechai ben Eliezer Zvi (Rabbi Morton Weiner) Z'L, who passed away on 18 Teves 5760. May the merit of supporting and advancing Dafyomi study -- which was so important to him -- during the weeks of his Yahrzeit serve as an Iluy for his Neshamah.|
1. The Mishnah discusses various blessings that one recites before he eats different types of food.
2. The obligation to recite a blessing before eating is based on logic.
3. One is prohibited from eating without first reciting a blessing.
4. Rava used to tell his students that they should go work during Nisan and Tishrei.
5. Rebbi Yehudah b'Rebbi Ilai taught that present generations were less G-d-fearing than previous generations.
A BIT MORE
1. For example, one says the blessing, "Borei Pri ha'Etz" before eating all fruits (with the exception of grape wine, on which he recites "Borei Pri ha'Gafen").
2. One should not benefit from this world before he gives thanks to the One who created the food.
3. One who eats without reciting a blessing is considered to have misappropriated a sanctified object ("Me'ilah") and to have stolen from Hashem and from Bnei Yisrael.
4. Rava advised them to go to work twice a year so that they would earn the resources to enable them to learn Torah the rest of the year.
5. In his generation, people used to bring in crops in a way that would exempt them from Ma'aser, while in previous generations they would make sure that their crops would be obligated in Ma'aser.
Next Daf Index to Revach for Maseches Berachos