brought to you by Kollel Iyun Hadaf of Yerushalayim
& Revach l'Neshamah - http://www.revach.net
|BERACHOS 33 - Two weeks of study material have been dedicated by Mrs. Estanne Abraham Fawer to honor the Yahrzeit of her father, Rav Mordechai ben Eliezer Zvi (Rabbi Morton Weiner) Z'L, who passed away on 18 Teves 5760. May the merit of supporting and advancing Dafyomi study -- which was so important to him -- during the weeks of his Yahrzeit serve as an Iluy for his Neshamah.|
1. There is a dispute about where Havdalah is to be mentioned in the Shemoneh Esreh of Ma'ariv on Motza'i Shabbos.
2. The Gemara explains why we mention Gevuras Geshamim (the mightiness of Hashem's giving rain to the world) in the second blessing of Shemoneh Esreh.
3. The Gemara records the text of the blessing recited when Yom Tov occurs immediately after Shabbos.
4. If a person says in his prayer, "You mercy reaches even a bird's nest," "Your Name is mentioned for good," or "Modim, Modim," we silence him.
5. One is not permitted to add any praises to those stated in the first blessing of Shemoneh Esreh.
A BIT MORE
1. Tana Kama: It is inserted into the fourth blessing of Shemoneh Esreh ("Atah Chonantanu" in Chonen ha'Da'as). Rebbi Akiva: It is said independently as the fourth blessing of Shemoneh Esreh. Rebbi Eliezer: It is said in the blessing of Avodah.
2. Since giving rain to the world is equivalent to the Techiyas ha'Mesim (resurrecting the dead), they are mentioned together.
3. This text, "va'Todi'anu," is the Yom Tov version of "Atah Chonantanu."
4. We silence him when he says, "Modim, Modim," because it appears as if he is giving thanks two different entities and denying that there is only one G-d.
5. When a person added prayers in front of Rebbi Chanina, Rebbi Chanina told him, "Have you now finished saying all of the praises of your Master?! We are permitted to say only these that Moshe Rabeinu said and that the Anshei Keneses ha'Gedolah instituted!"
Next Daf Index to Revach for Maseches Berachos