CHARTS ON THE DAILY DAF
brought to you by Kollel Iyun Hadaf of Yerushalayim
CHULIN CHART #1
Chulin Daf 2b-3b
WHOSE SHECHITAH IS THE MISHNAH INCLUDING?
||RABAH BAR ULA
||Tamei, b'Chulin she'Na'aseh Al Taharas ha'Kodesh(1)
|| Tamei, b'Mekudashin(2)
||Tamei, b'Mekudashin, and he is not here to ask him(3)
||Kusi, with a Yisrael standing over him
||Kusi, with a Yisrael coming and going, and the Kusi ate from this Shechitah
||Kusi, with a Yisrael coming and going
||Kusi, and a Yisrael came and found the animal slaughtered
||Mumar l'Tei'avon, and the knife was checked, and the Mumar ate from this Shechitah
||Mumar l'Tei'avon, and the knife was not checked before Shechitah, but only after Shechitah
|Mumcheh, even though he is not Muchzak
||Unknown to us as Mumcheh when he slaughters, and afterwards he is tested and found to be knowledgeable
||Unknown to be a Mumcheh when he slaughters, and he is not here to test him
|Muchzak, even though he is not Mumcheh
||He is not Muchzak(6) when he slaughters, but he attests that he slaughtered without feeling faint
||He is not Muchzak(6) when he slaughters, and he is not here to ask him(7)
(1) The Tamei person may slaughter Chulin that was prepared "Al Taharas
ha'Kodesh" with a long knife, and we are not concerned that he will touch
the animal and make it Tamei.
(2) The Tamei person may not slaughter Kodshim l'Chatchilah, even with a
long knife, since we are afraid that he might touch the animal and make it
Tamei. However, if he already slaughtered the animal (with a long knife),
then we believe him when he says that he did not touch it.
(3) He is not available to ask him if he touched the animal when he
(4) The wording of the end of the Mishnah ("v'Chulan she'Shachtu") is
problematic according to this explanation.
(5) Rava is giving an alternative explanation for what *Abaye* said. He does
not explain the Mishnah this way himself, as is clear from the Gemara on 3b,
"l'Devarav d'Abaye Ka'amar...."
(6) That is, he has not slaughtered in front of us two or three times in the
past without fainting.
(7) He is not available to ask him if he slaughtered without feeling faint.
OTHER D.A.F. RESOURCES ON MASECHES CHULIN