1. If the mother bird is sent away and returns, one must send her away again before taking the chicks.
2. Hashem considers peace between a husband and wife very important.
3. The Mishnah discusses the consequences when one took the chicks without sending the mother bird away.
4. The Gemara discusses whether Rebbi Yehudah maintains that one receives lashes for transgressing a Lav ha’Nitak l’Asei.
5. The Gemara concludes that Rebbi Yehudah maintains that one does not receive lashes for a Lav ha’Nitak l’Asei.
A BIT MORE
1. The verse states, "Shalei’ach Tishalach" implying that she must be sent away as often as necessary.
2. He considers this so important that He allowed His Name to be erased in the Sotah waters in order to remove doubt from a troubled relationship.
3. Rebbi Yehudah: He receives lashes, and cannot rectify his sin. Chachamim: He does not receive lashes, and can rectify his sin.
4. A Lav ha’Nitak l’Asei is when the Torah forbids something, but then proceeds to explalin what one must do if it is done anyway.
5. He clearly states regarding Korban Pesach that while the Torah forbids leftovers, it then states that one should burn the leftovers in fire. This teaches us that one does not receive lashes for leaving it over.