brought to you by Kollel Iyun Hadaf of Yerushalayim
& Revach l'Neshamah - http://www.revach.net
1. In the generation immediately prior to the arrival of Mashi'ach there will be very few Talmidei Chachamim.
2. Mashi'ach will arrive during Motza'ei Shevi'is.
3. In the generation of the coming of Mashi'ach there will be much Chutzpah.
4. Mashi'ach will not come until the Bnei Yisrael no longer think about the redemption.
5. The world will exist for six thousand years.
6. The world will exist for six thousand years: two thousand years of Tohu, two thousand years of Torah and two thousand years of the days of Mashi'ach.
7. Although Mashi'ach delays in coming, we must continue to wait for him. Not only are *we* waiting for his arrival, but Mashi'ach is also waiting.
8. There are never less than thirty six Tzadikim in this world who are greeted by the Shechinah.
9. Rebbi Eliezer says: If the Bnei Yisrael do Teshuvah they will be redeemed, but if not, they will not be redeemed. Rebbi Yehoshua disagrees.
A BIT MORE
1. Misery will abound and harsh decrees will come into the world. While the people are still suffering from one misery, another one will arrive.
2. For the entire seven years of the Shevi'is cycle, there will be indications of the pending arrival of Mashi'ach. In the sixth year of the Shevi'is cycle, there will be sounds voicing the pending arrival of Ben David, and in the seventh year there will be wars.
3. The youth will be brazen in front of their elders. Elders will stand up for the youth. A daughter will revile her mother and a daughter-in-law will revile her mother-in-law. The face of the generation will be like the face of a dog, and a son will not feel shame in front of his father.
4. When Rebbi Zeira came across Talmidei Chachamim who were discussing the future redemption he said to them, "I beg of you, do not distance the redemption."
5. Rebbi Katina maintains that after the 6000 years, the world will be destroyed for 1000 years. Abaye says it will be destroyed for 2000 years.
6. Because of our sins, Mashi'ach will not arrive immediately, when 4000 years have passed. Even now we are still waiting for Mashi'ach to come.
7. Although we are waiting and Mashi'ach is also waiting, the Midas ha'Din is preventing Mashi'ach from coming.
8. There are never less than 36 Tzadikim who, with permission, will receive the Shechinah. However, there are an undetermined number of even greater Tzadikim who do not need permission to receive the Shechinah.
9. Rebbi Yehoshua maintains that if the Jewish people does not do Teshuvah, Hashem will empower a king like Haman who will induce the nation to do Teshuvah. This will bring the Mashi'ach.
Next Daf Index to Revach for Maseches Sanhedrin