brought to you by Kollel Iyun Hadaf of Yerushalayim
& Revach l'Neshamah - http://www.revach.net
|BAVA BASRA 160 - A week of learning has been dedicated towards meriting a Refu'ah Sheleimah for Eliezer Lipa ben Yetta, by Mr. and Mrs. Kornfeld of Yerushalayim.|
1. The Mishnah differentiates between a "Get Pashut" and a "Get Mekushar" (a "simple" and a "tied" legal document, including all monetary and divorce documents).
2. There is a dispute about the status of the signatures of witnesses who signed in the opposite fashion in a "simple" or "tied" document.
3. Tana Kama: In these cases (#2), both documents are invalid.
4. Rebbi Chanina ben Gamliel: If a tied document is signed like a simple document, it is valid.
5. A simple document requires two witnesses, while a tied document requires three witnesses.
A BIT MORE
1. In a simple document, the signatures of the witnesses are at the end of the document. In a tied document, a person writes a line, folds it opposite a line of blank space, sews it shut, and has a witness sign on the back of that line, and so on until he finishes the document.
2. For example, there is an argument in a case where witnesses sign on the back of a simple document instead of at the bottom of the document.
3. This is because the Chachamim described how to validate a document, and part of their criteria was that the signatures have to be according to the rule for that type of document.
4. This is because it can be unsewn and made into a simple document.
5. The Gemara quotes many different opinions, each with its own source, for how we know that there are two different types of documents, simple and tied.
Next Daf Index to Revach for Maseches Bava Basra